Jbquinn

A. Wilding Wells
Tied to His Betrayal: A Dirty Little Secrets Novel
Stacey Kennedy
Escaping Reality - Lisa Renee Jones

This book was so much better than I thought it would be! I was consumed from the first sentence all the way to the very last sentence. The storyline was unique, fast paced, and had you wanting more. Escaping Reality is one of those books that'll leave you with a major book hangover. You'll be thinking about this book for days after finishing it.

This book is about a girl named Amy Bensen but, that's not her real name. She's on the run because she's in danger. We don't know why or who is after her. All we know is that her mysterious 'handler' is watching out for her. While in the ladies room at a work function (at Manhattan's Metropolis Museum) she see's a white envelope with her name on it attached to the mirror. She instantly knows what that means. She knows she has to run again. She knows that whatever is written on that note is going to turn her life upside down again. When she reads the note it says,I've found you and so can they. Go to JFK AIrport directly. Do not go home. Do not linger. Locker 111 will have everything you need. At first she hesitates, then she realizes the seriousness of the note and leaves right away for the airport. While waiting for her flight Amy locks eyes with a very sexy man in the terminal. To Amy's surprise they're seated next to each other on the plane. She finds out that his name is Liam Stone who happens to be a billionaire and an architectural prodigy. He is money, sex, and power. Amy is immediately drawn to him and Liam is drawn to her. He makes it no secret that he wants her and that he will have her.

As Amy becomes settled into her new life she realizes that things aren't as they seem. She's starting to question her 'handler' & his motives and the life he's set up for her. She's tired of running & wants answers. Answers about her past. What happened, who's after her, what happened to her family, & who's been helping her over the years.

I love Amy and Liam together and I love them separately. When they are together it is HOT! He says some of the freaking hottest things to her.

"...You're a beautiful woman who deserves to be properly fucked, which I conclude from both your actions and answers to my questions, that you have not been. I want to be the man to remedy that..."
..."But just know that I have every intention of making you forget everything but what it feels like to have my tongue and my cock buried inside you."

Amy is a survivor and she's strong. She knows that by being with Liam could compromise her and possibly him. Yet, she just yearns for normalcy in her life and doesn't want to give him up. He makes her feel safe. While Liam is a strong alpha male, he wants nothing more than to help Amy. He knows she's running from her past and he wants to be the one that helps her tackle her 'nightmares'. I have to say though, what happened at the end had me questioning him. Let me just say that the ending was aHUGE, jaw dropping, WTF just happened moment.

Escaping Reality (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen, #1) is such an awesome book that I highly recommend. It's not like any other book you've read. It's brilliantly and thoughtfully written. This was the 1st book I've read by this author and it will not be my last.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT BOOK

*Thanks to NetGalley for the arc*