Jbquinn

A. Wilding Wells
Tied to His Betrayal: A Dirty Little Secrets Novel
Stacey Kennedy
Pretty Dark Nothing - Heather L. Reid

After reading the description for this book I was really excited to read it because it sounded really interesting. So it sucks to say I wasn't a huge fan of this book. I couldn't connect with the book or the characters at all. It took me a lot longer to read this book and finish it than I wanted it to. Which stinks because I really wanted to like this book.

The heroine Quinn is a 17 year old girl who went from being "Quinn Perfect" to some one who's struggling just to make it through the day. Jeff, her boyfriend of 4 years just out of the blue broke up with her via text then started dating her arch enemy. That of course leaves her devastated. Her father also walked out on her and her mother for another woman and started a new family. So naturally that messes her up a bit and her mother is never home because she's a workaholic. To top it all off Quinn has demons & shadows following her around. These demons are whispering to her and manipulating her. She refuses to sleep because these demons torment her in her nightmares so she lives off of Red Bulls, coffee, and caffeine pills.

I'm not a fan of Quinn. To be honest I didn't like her at all. I found her to be whiney and a pushover when it came to her douchy ex boyfriend. She was extremely insecure, selfish, annoying, indecisive, and she led Aaron on. One minute she said that she loved Aaron then the next minute she ran running back to her cheating ex boyfriend. She also caved when it came to the demons. She new they were evil so why couldn't she fight harder? She gave up so easily at any opportunity she could.

Now, Aaron was the only reason this book was any good. I loved Aaron! Aaron was in love with Quinn and was loyal to a fault. No matter what happened Aaron was always there for her and he kept giving her chance after chance after chance even after she ran back to Jeff. Aaron also has psychic abilities and is connected to Quinn somehow. He can feel when she's in trouble and he can see her nightmares. He doesn't know how he can see into her nightmares or whats causing them. By the end of the book he's determined to save her!

This was a really slow placed book with some plot holes and at times a little confusing. The ending of the book left me saying "seriously"? I felt like it was something that should've been incorporated throughout the book and not just the last few pages. There were so many unanswered questions like "WHAT HAPPENED TO AARON?" I want to know what happened to the one thing I liked about this book! Hopefully there's a 2nd book for Aaron's sake.

To end on a good note I want to say that just because this book wasn't really for me doesn't mean it's not for someone else. Also, I thought the cover was beautiful and that's part of the reason why I wanted to read this book.

*thanks to netgalley & Month9Books for the arc*