Jbquinn

A. Wilding Wells
Tied to His Betrayal: A Dirty Little Secrets Novel
Stacey Kennedy
Unspoken - Jen Frederick

I didn't know what to expect with this book so I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it. It was one of those really sweet feel good books. I didn't read the 1st book in this series and I wasn't lost or confused at all. This book can be read as a stand alone. Although, I will at some point go back and read the 1st book as well as other books in this series. This book is a quick read and the story moves along nicely. There's also a great underlining message about sticking up for yourself, overcoming obstacles, and letting go of the past.

AnnMarie or AM is a 20 year old college student that has a bad reputation due some nasty rumors that were started. She was walking home from a party and one of the lacrosse players made a move on her. She turned him down & his ego couldn't handle the rejection so he started nasty, vicious rumors about AM. Which has made her a pariah on campus. She no longer gets involved with campus activities. In fact, she completely stays off campus all together except for her classes & she won't date any of the guys on campus. She knows she didn't do anything wrong so she puts on a brave face and sticks it out at school regardless of all the stares, name calling, and the slut shaming.

Bo Randolph is a Marine vet now MMA underground fighter. He doesn't really know what he wants to do with his life so he thought he'd start by getting his degree. Everyone on campus knows who Bo is and what a badass he is. He's also had a thing for AM since they had a class together the previous semester. So when he see's her in his biology class he's ecstatic. Bo doesn't know about the rumor's and AM's reputation. In fact when he finds out it doesn't bother him. He knows that they're only rumors & even if they weren't he didn't give a fuck. So Bo start's to pursue AM knowing that he has to gain her trust and break down the walls she's built up.

I really liked that natural slow progression between AM & Bo. They didn't just jump right into a relationship. They took their time becoming friends and trusting one anther. They both balanced each other out perfectly. Bo helps AM realize that she is so much stronger than she thinks she is. He helped her get the courage to confront what was going on on campus. While AM helped Bo realize that he's not like his abusive father, she also helped him see that there was more to life than fighting as a way to getting his emotions out. Bo was just really sweet and swoony and protective of AM. These 2 also had some wicked HOT sexy times!

I did feel like this abruptly ended so another chapter or an epilogue would've been awesome. Other than that though, I completely loved this book!