Jbquinn

A. Wilding Wells
Tied to His Betrayal: A Dirty Little Secrets Novel
Stacey Kennedy
Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss) (Volume 1) - Nalini Singh

I have to say I was really disappointed in this book. I went into this book with somewhat high expectations after reading the Psy/Changeling series. Nalini Singh's writing, world building & character development in that series is amazing. So, I expected the same for her new contemporary series. Needless to say, this book was lacking in every sense of the word. I couldn't get into the main characters Molly & Fox. They didn't have any depth to them. In fact, I liked the secondary characters a whole lot more. Molly & Fox were also your cliché couple. You have Fox the rich, alpha, hot rock star. Then we have Molly, the virginal librarian who gives it up to Fox the moment he notices her. They both also have major 'daddy' issues. Molly's father was a politician & was involved in a scandal that affected how Molly lived her life. Which also left Molly to be spineless. While Fox's mother abandoned him, started a new family & wanted nothing to do with Fox. Which left Fox to be a control freak. Instead of talking about their issues to one another they used sex to skirt around their issues. I wouldn't usually mind that, if the sex was good. In this case, the sex was not good. In fact (and I can't believe I'm saying this) there was to much sex & not enough plot. There actually wasn't any real plot. The story felt forced, rushed & the sex scenes felt like filler. The only sex scene that was wicked hot was the very first scene in the book. After that, it was just downhill. I ended up skimming the last 60% of the book just to get it over with. In my opinion, this book would've been better as a novella & not a full length novel.